Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Enough with the Lurking

I have a little blog addiction. I read my friends' blogs every day and am irritated when they post late or (horrors and you know who you are) fail to post at all. Perhaps having my own blog will give me a little more standing when I'm pressing them to get bloggin'. Time will tell. If not, well I'm off the bench now so we'll see if I'm up to filling this space.

So what's on my mind? Well only one thing really at the moment. You could say I am obsessed. I'm trying to buy a truck, a big honkin' truck. I'm a girly girl, but I have this little horse habit and that horse needs transportation. You may be thinking that's a little backasswards -- after all in some cultures horses ARE transportation, but the Eisenhower Interstate System and horses don't mix unless you've got a truck and a trailer. The trailer will be delivered next month, but it's not so easy finding a good truck on a budget. You would think people would be dumping their gas guzzlers for a song, but not so much.

Here's what I learned in the big truck hunt today. Flood damaged vehicles are not a good plan for amateurs. Who knew a little water could bring an F-250 to its axles?!? Well thanks to the magic of Google, I do now. It sure looked like the deal of the century, but after a little research it's clear that flood damaged vehicles are best left to the pros.

So here's the next question: Gas or Diesel? These are not things that I normally contemplate but lately I find myself hanging out at thedieselstop.com website learning the lingo and doing research. Funny where wanting to ride your horse can lead you! Apparently diesel trucks get better mileage but they are more expensive to buy and to maintain. On the upside they last forever. I've been mulling this aspect for weeks and coincidentally during that time the price for gas and diesel has pretty much equilibrated... I think gas has the edge at the moment, don't tell those boys at thedieselstop.com.

You're probably not nearly so interested in these things as I am, but fuck it, it's what's on my mind! If you do have any interest or wisdom on these things, I'd love to hear it. And if you've got a hot lead on a nice F-250 with under 200,000 miles and a tow package, we need to talk.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM , Blogger Lexy said...

Diesel DOES rock!! But I'm a cheapskate...

 
At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see the mystry woman is blogging

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home