Friday, August 12, 2005

The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is On Fire

Well no not really, today is the day that I FINALLY get a new roof. I've been putting off this little expense for 3 years. Three years ago I turned my formerly dilapidated screen porch into a beautiful sunroom. This little transformation was actually on tv -- the Home and Garden Television network show called Room to Improve. The result was a gorgeous room. Unfortunately no sooner did we get the beautiful wood ceiling and flooring in that we discovered a leak in the roof. Aargh!!

Through the application of some tar, occasional tarps and fixing the gutters, we limped along with me procrastinating calling for roof quotes. Shouldn't have bothered. Turns out new roofs aren't as expensive as I feared. And this kids is why procrastination is a bad thing. I stressed myself over this for 36 needless months. Just fix the damn roof already.

So not only am I getting a new roof, but I also got to sleep late (Woot!) because I had to wait on the crew to arrive. As my honey heads off to work at his ungodly hour, I hatch a plan. Hey, why don't you call me when you get to work, so I don't have to worry about setting an alarm and I get an extra hour of blessed snooze. Good plan, right!?!

Not so good. The phone rings, me in my REM and my honey supposedly on the line. I answer with my best whine..."But I don't wannnnaaaa get up." The voice on the line? "Hey, this is Bobbi with Year Round Repair and our crew will be there at 8:30."

Well isn't that a little embarrassing! Especially since I'm the type who if you call and wake me up instantly claims "No, I'm awake!" In a high tight voice like it's a felony to be caught sleeping. Do you do that? Why? It's not like you're saying "No, I'm not smokin' crack!" It's sleep for God's sake. Eight hours a day recommended.

Oh well, at least I'll never meet Bobbi, she of the raspy smoker's voice with a godawful loud parrot in the background. She might tell her friends about that good for nothing woman who sleeps past 7:20 in the a.m., but they won't know it's me at the grocery store. Whew, all that and a new roof, too. Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parent's need a new roof too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home