Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Adventures on eBay

I love eBay. It's like cruising the mother of all garage sales without having to find a parking spot or elbow pushy suburbanites or get up early. (I bet Bobbi goes to garage sales.) I am amazed at the number of cars that are sold on eBay and last night I joined the ranks of folks who have bought cars on eBay.

I was the "lucky" winner of a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually truck. I'm holding onto the quotes and my skepticism until I actually see this fine ride in person which won't be for another week. If it is as advertised, I think we got a fine deal and it will certainly pull a horse trailer wherever I want to go. We'll fly up to Michigan next weekend and pick up what I've already affectionately dubbed "the Beast." Stay tuned for, as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story." In the meantime I think I'll get that Triple A membership I've been thinking about...

I'm sure you're wondering about the color. The "Beast" is black. Not my fave as noted yesterday, but I don't care so much with this vehicle. It's only going to be a work horse not a show horse, so if the dingies show or it looks dirty well it's a truck, it's supposed to look used!

Color me cautiously optimistic.

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger Lexy said...

Mr. Mous is gonna beat you....

I think the squabbling has resulted in a titanium 4 Runner. Just call it silver and get it over with.

We've got a friends and family special going on the Nissan if you know anybody!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home