Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Blues

I always get the blues at Christmas time to some degree or another. I used to think it was because I was alone, but now I'm happily married and still get the blues, so I guess they are just part of me. The fact that my favorite Christmas song is Joni Mitchell's River doesn't help. Every since Robert Downey Jr.'s character on Ally McBeal picked it out on the piano in a poignant scene and I sleuthed out the original, it's been a Christmas-time listening staple. This year Sarah McLachlan has released a new cover of it. It's such a sad song, but for some reason it lifts my Christmas blues even as it lets me wallow in them a bit.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Holy cow, that's the most depressing Christmas song ever! I couldn't even get through it! How 'bout a little "Jingle Bells" or "Deck the Halls"??!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home