Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Never Wear Flip Flops to Church

I have nothing against flip flops. They are wonderful little shoes and they have a place. I have a snazzy pair of "dressy" flip flops that are a highlight of this summer's footwear collection. I wear them all the time. Wouldn't wear them to church, but that's just me.

Today I had the sad misfortune to attend a funeral. It was a sad remembrance of a life cut tragically short and too solemn of an event to talk about here beyond the footwear choices of a few individuals. Ladies: don't wear flip flops to church.

There is no dignity in the clip clop sound of flip flops especially in the silence of reverence. It just shouldn't be heard.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM , Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

You're teasing me with one journal entry in nine days! more! more! LOL

 
At 3:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home