Monday, November 13, 2006

I Dreamt of Monkey Grass

So, my pal calls while I'm in the shower yesterday morning and tells my husband that there is no need for me to come out to her horse show as I won't make it in time for her class. Big mouth. Here I had a nice horsey morning planned -- hanging with other like minded folks, but the best laid plans and all that. So now that I'm "free" we get the bright idea to tackle replanting our shrubs.

We tore the old shrubs out THREE years ago, so it's not like we were in a rush or anything. Off to Homo Depot we go to rent a tiller. In for a penny in for a pound so we go ahead and pick out the shrubs. Four back breaking hours later our shrubs are planted, watered in and looking dandy -- we are both broken, but it looks great. Even better when I got home a couple of hours late and Steve had put in mulch and a border and cleaned up the mess.

But this is about Monkey Grass. Apparently monkey grass thrives on benign neglect because it does really well in our yard. One of the beds that has "rested" for the last 3 years had a thick nice patch of monkey grass. So we decide to replant it as a border in one bed and as filler in one area that looked too poor to put shrubs in. Monkey Grass has a root system like Fort Knox and it's a bitch to pull apart. To say I did not have fun with the monkey grass is a vast understatement. I now loathe monkey grass.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

So how 'bout some pictures of your new shrubbery???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home