Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Jacques, Is that You?

I loved Jacques Cousteau specials when I was little. I would sit mesmerized by the underwater world and how graceful they all looked cruising through it. The same graceful ease of Warren Miller films compared to my own attempts at skiing should have been a clue that it's a little harder than it looks!

This weekend was SCUBA class and the pool work in anticipation of getting our certification to be full-fledged SCUBA divers. Sarah, Steve and I did all (okay most) of our required homework and showed up as eager students.

It wasn't exactly a weekend of fun and games in the aquatic world, but we muddled through and learned all the required skills to be safe if not entirely comfortable quite yet. Next stop the open seas and 5 check out dives. Yippee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home