Sunday, November 05, 2006

2.8 Miles My Ass

I'm my own worst enemy at times. Last Sunday I get the bright idea that hiking straight up a mountain would be fun. Not so much for my chunky out of shape self. This morning I decide that another pre-breakfast hike is in order. Did I mention that my favorite place is in the freakin' mountains?

The South Loop trail sounds innocuous - 2.8 miles thru the woodlands of the Homestead, past the homes on Ski Hill Road (sense a problem here) and the new equestrian center. The first 40 minutes were a pleasure - tough in places, but enjoyable enough. After 40 minutes which is 39 minutes longer than I'm used to exercising, I'm officially over it. Fifty minutes later we stumble back in to the hotel, only to climb 5 flights of stairs because we're in a hurry to change before we miss the breakfast sitting.

I certainly earned my bacon and doughnut this morning. We both agree that the trail has got to be longer than 2.8 miles. Fun times, fun times.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the training has begun :)

 
At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like someone is "training" :) But ya gotta watch out for those donuts!

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a brave hiker and I'm proud of your effort!! I very much like this "new attitude".

-love me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home