Sunday, November 19, 2006

Now I'm the One on Crack

Peer pressure is a bitch... so is being tired of being out of shape and over weight. All that to say that I DID sign up for that freakin' half marathon. Yeah, the one where I should have run 5 miles today. Nope didn't do that, but I did sign up. At least I won't be alone in misery on March 25, apparently 80% of the people I know are running that dang 1/2 marathon. Thus the peer pressure -- can't miss out on a shared experience with a bunch of my favorite people, the other motivations are self evident.

So the pressure's on my buddy Ray (aka the Genius/Fucking Genius/Running Buddy), to both help me train and plan the, err, creative route on the 25th. The pressure is on me to get off my ass every day for the next 18 weeks and prepare my creaky self. This should be interesting.

I haven't completely lost my mind though... I didn't jump in the wicked cold pool this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home