Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 3, WTF?

The resolutions are going great, but let's hope Day 3 of '07 is no omen of things to come. It started with a trip to the dentist - ouch, my teeth are still angry at being poked. The fun isn't over though as I have two more dates with the dentist in the coming weeks to get a crown -- loverly.

Heading to the office, Svetlana - my car - blew a tire, on 285, in the far left lane. Thankfully it was a little after 9 and traffic had thinned and I was able to make it over the shoulder. My right rear tire was shredded and it was cold and being on the side of 285 scares me, so rather than try to attempt changing the tire myself, I availed myself of Volvo road side assistance. Their service ROCKED, but I'm growing ever more cheesed with my car. This is the 2nd time this relatively new (2004) car has left me stranded and waiting for help. I know tires are not technically a mechanical issue, but the low profile ones on this car are particularly easy to chew the sidewalls up on. One more strike and Svetlana joins Diet Dr. Pepper as being dead to me!

I've been car shopping on line already. How disappointing that I must file Svetlana under the heading of "be careful what you wish for cuz you might get it."

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except for the fact that Svetlana has a) no turning circle less than the S.S. Norway and b) a seat so uncomfortable on long drives it leaves me unable to walk upright and c) left you scared on the side of the road on no less than 2 occasions and d) has even me wondering about the reliability of the Swedish auto industry, I think she is a lovely color and has a good heater.

At least I know you didn't shiver while you waited...

-me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home