Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Me

Yeah, right. That's the promise every year isn't it? Last year I tried to better my language by removing the F-word -- didn't make it into the second week of January. This year my resolution is to give up diet sodas. I'm a serious Diet Dr. Pepper addict and I'm fairly sure that those things just can't be good for me, so now they are dead to me! Day One went pretty well. Hot tea is an acceptable substitute for the caffeine fix.

The other healthy start of the day/year was an 80 minute trail run (with lots of walking) in Amicalola State Park. Getting healthy may kill me -- my left knee and ankle are objecting to the new program -- but it does feel good to be outside and moving.

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

Well, I'll be your non-soda accountability partner. Today was day One for me as well and I made it through...even our Mexican outing tonight was water. Blech! But, I do see a huge difference when I cut out the diet sodas. Didn't we do an experiment one time with a nail and Coke? Don't remember the outcome.

Love Amicalola...so pretty up there. BUT, going with an ebergetc 4 year old is a challenge. Up the trail he sprinted as I struggled to keep up. Then, he hit that staircase that leads to the waterfall and hit some sort of inhuman overdrive which led us straight to the top of the falls. Of course, he was tired by then and insisted on riding my shoulders on the way down. I'm pretty sure I lost 26 pounds that day.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

um, ebergetc is Russian for energetic. Sorry, I slip back and forth between the 2 languages too easily. ;-)

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Lexy said...

The travails of the multi-lingual... :-)

This was day 2 and I'm doing okay. I'm becoming addicted to the rituals of brewing hot tea as a substitute.

I can't believe he got up all those stairs. What a little dynamo! God bless you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home