Sunday, February 04, 2007

Will Run for Food

The 1/2 marathon training is still in full swing (though I am avoiding running even as I type this). This week was a tough one, I just wasn't feeling it. Wednesday night's 5.4 mile run was particularly miserable. Yesterday I was commited to doing 3 miles minimum, so we hatched a plan. I would run from home to the Hickory House and Steve would drive to the Hickory House and then do a big loop to get his run in. Then we would have breakfast.

It was 30 degrees or so and I had a miserable time warming up for the first half, but no thoughts of quitting because breakfast was waiting! Yep, will run for food. Thankfully the second half was much better and I found a groove and felt good. By the time I made it to the Hickory House I was pretty proud of myself and I'd earned breakfast with 3.3 miles of slogging it out.

Guess I better go run...

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm VERY impressed! Both Megan and Mom are making great progress :)

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

You have inspired me.

I am about to run all the way downstairs to the kitchen to get a snack.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home