Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stop Poking Me Already

I can't believe it's only Wednesday; this week has been eternally long already. Monday started at 6:00 a.m. with a barium cocktail, Yum-O - NOT, followed by a CAT Scan on my innards. As if that weren't a lovely enough start to the week, it took me an hour and half to get to work (normally 25 minutes tops) thanks to a horrible accident on the interstate. It was interesting to get turned around and go the wrong way on 285 to backtrack to a detour. One of the rare occasions where I'll say I think the GA DOT had it going on to clear us out as quickly as they did.

Yesterday I had a late afternoon appointment at the dentist for crown prep. This is a PSA on the importance of flossing, brushing and not grinding your teeth like crazy all night long. Getting a crown sucks both pain-wise and pocket-wise. There better not be any further attempts on my person by medical professionals this week, I've had enough thank you very much.

Despite all this I've been in an astonishingly good mood, go figure! Last night we had terrific seats at Cirque de Soleil and the performance was amazing. There was one section where a guy supports a woman twirling and whirling by holding the line only in his mouth, that I could only think that dude was gonna be seeing a lot of the dentist soon enough. We were close enough to see the strain and concentration on the performers' faces as they did things with their bodies that defied belief.

Resolution Update: Still no diet sodas consumed in '07. Also hitting the target on making 2 of 3 meals vegetarian-ish during the week. I'm far shakier on the first one than the second one thanks to Coke and Pepsi's dominance of the fast food world. Chick-fil-A is the only reliable source for good iced tea in a hurry, but I'm managing so far.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I think you are doing a really good job. Surely, that Diet DP rotted out your teeth in some way or another.

The guy with the teeth last night went on to use his partner as the strap- not just the lady holding the strap and the guy holding the ladys' feet, but the lady has one foot connected to the strap and the guy has hold of the other foot as they fly around the stage. Ouch.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Lexy said...

To clarify my tooth wasn't ROTTED, it was cracked. Probably from being gritted in the night time... and some other times. :-)

But I think our teeth and stomachs are much better off from eliminating Diet DP and Coke. Thanks for joining in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home