Friday, March 02, 2007

One Short Flight & a World Away

I'm spending the week in South Texas at a 5,000 acre ranch filled with deer, cactus and mesquite. It's an amazing place to visit to recharge your batteries and slow down to enjoy life and little purple flowers and a friendly ranch puppy. I'm so grateful for the opportunity and the jalapeno bacon...

Yesterday we trekked down to a border town and loaded up on cool, amazingly inexpensive pewter and pottery. I'm definitely conning my friend Sarah into a road trip and joint business venture of "importing" this stuff back home to re-sell.

As we're driving back from our shopping jaunt, the phone rings and it's my friend Meg who is in China adopting a little girl. What a small, diverse world we live in that I can be staring out at dusty plains filled with cactus while chatting with my friend who's heading off for a day on the Great Wall.

I love the opportunities we have in our world today and want to drink even more of them in... gotta sell a lot of chimeas (sp?) and flower pots to make my dreams come true!

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize they are over there right now! When are they expected to be home? Have they met her yet??? More details! More details!

--katiebod

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I have plenty of vacation time. Can you say "road trip"??!

...sarah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home