Monday, February 05, 2007

Don't Try This at Home Kids

Proud to say that it's 36 days into the new year and I remain resolute in my resolution not to drink diet sodas. Yay me. Unfortunately it's proving to be hazardous to my health... I'm developing a love/hate relationship with the water cooler.

Our office has one of those handy water coolers that you put a 5 gallon water bottle on and voila, hot (really, really hot) and cold water on demand. My first run in with the evil-ness of this device was when I tried to change out the bottles. If you drop a 5 gallon water bottle from a height of 4 feet or so, it will bust... dramatically. There's a lot of water in 5 gallons, enough to cover an 8x8 section of floor in about a 1/4 inch of water and soak any (not so) innocent bystanders up to their knees. No problem, it was such a colossal mess that my co-workers are dedicated to changing it before I can eff it up again.

This morning I'm hitting the hot water spigot to steep some tea and in a moment of inattention, I drop the cup full of scalding hot (really, really hot) water all over my freakin' foot. OUCH! No blisters, but still some very angry skin and a sore foot. This would have never happened if I could have just reached into the fridge and liberated a Diet Dr. Pepper... I'm just saying.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

But if you hadn't dropped that BIG jug of water, I wouldn't have gotten more of those cool towels ;)

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Lexy said...

I did it for you! Damn the mess and the public ridicule, Sarah needs towels :-)

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

You're such a giver !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home